Dynasty Warriors Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynasty Warriors Union from Gamespot.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your hopes for DW7?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wonzan

wonzan

Your hopes for DW7? Empty
PostSubject: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:08 pm

SO! DW7 is coming round the corner! 26th October is the official reveal date.

Your hopes for DW7? Dw7characters

Those are the characters revealed so far, its up to speculation as to who a few of them are....I'll let you speculate.

Since the last DW was technically DW strikeforce I'll state improvements I would want over that game. That game was a little too twitchy and not smooth for my liking. Almost like COD MW2 but with DW.

Versus mode online would be cool......... but that would mean EVERYONE using just one character (lu bu). I doubt (REALLY doubt) that Koei will balance the game up so that the fighters are on equal footing in online versus. In fact, I kind of don't want them to do that so that each warrior is as unique as possible. I'm sure there is away around this....I'm just not sure how. Question

One thing that would be nice is 8 vs 8 online. 1 ruler and 8 generals (ruler is an NPC). Each general commands a bunch of troops. Troops are deadly, a few hits and you are down (to avoid rushing for the ruler). Units can do fire attacks, defend fortifications, gates etc etc. You could respawn as a bodyguard (for a team member) if your unit is vanquished by the enemy. I would like that better than a strikeforce style of online.
Back to top Go down
JeffSteel
Emperor
JeffSteel

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Online versus mode would be interesting, but I don't really see how that could be balanced out enough to be plausible.
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:43 pm

sorry, but they all look a little gay now. and sorry to those of you who might be gay. but i'm talking village people gay.

in other words the game better improve tremendously or i'm not getting it. screw this!

with that, if people would quit posting pics of the characters and salivating over them the designers may get back to game play and quit dropping tons of resources into making the characters look more and more androgynous.

Sleep

oh yes, where's your uber poll, wonzan? i want to do some poll votin!

affraid
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:49 pm

also, the words "village people" is a link in my previous post. i'm noticing that's the first failing - though minor - of this forum. links don't present themselves. is there a setting for this?
Back to top Go down
harden007
Prime Minister
harden007

Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:56 pm

I want my hot, redneck, jungle-babe to come back!
Back to top Go down
https://dwempire.forumotion.com
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:03 pm

okay, maybe androgynous wasn't the right word to use. but still, i wish they would invest heavily in researching game mechanics and let go of the fashion show.
Back to top Go down
wonzan

wonzan

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah, totally agreed bruno. I thought they looked like models first and THEN warriors. Although DW is quite popular with girls.....I think this maybe a reason why (I don't quite understand it myself but I guess these are the girly girl fangirls that salivate over these guys).

I hope the invest more time in the mechanics as well. I was actually really hoping they went for a realistic look this time. Guess not Sad

ROTK styled characters would rock SO hard!
EDIT: although i guess in that case most of the cast would either have a sword, halberd or spear which would not be so great Sad
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:57 pm

No! it would be awesomeness!!!

bounce

Back to top Go down
JeffSteel
Emperor
JeffSteel

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:28 am

Yes, the increasingly metrosexualness of the characters is getting annoying.
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm

yeah, it's toooo common. i wear a male tiara and stage makeup, shave my chest and arm hairs, and I select my clothes for their pastel and fluorescent vibrancy all the time! it's like their making the characters too much like modern men and women. these guys didn't have dentists, plastic surgeons, hair stylists, or modern tailoring machinery like all of us do - and yet they look like they just came from the set of Extreme Makeover: Ancient Chinese Warrior Edition!!!

let's get real!

they need to take these "Koei game designers", divide them up into teams of 3 to 5, drop them out in the middle of the most remote parts of China, and then get them to convince the local villagers to fight for their cause of unifying China under their banner! where the people live like cavemen and Neanderthal man all they will have is their wits and bravado to create their nation. we'll see what they come up with when all they have at their disposal are crude sticks and stones and perhaps the occasional copper smith. let's just see what fancy costumes they'll have time to make when they know their fellow programmers could come marching on them any day to rain down death and terror! and once they spill the blood of a few hundred thousand Chinese warriors in pursuit of a glorious Empire, i think our DW7 will arrive with a whole new sense of realism and a lack of baby-soft-hand la fem warriors.

what say you??

Back to top Go down
JeffSteel
Emperor
JeffSteel

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm

What they need to do is fire all the metros over there at Koei and hire employees with a clearly defined gender so that at least the starting point is free of confusion.
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 pm

as for my hopes for the game, i would like to see them start with an Empires type of game as far as strategy goes. and then go from there to an even more strategy based spin off.
Back to top Go down
harden007
Prime Minister
harden007

Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:22 pm

I think I'd rather see another ROTK game than another DW game.
Back to top Go down
https://dwempire.forumotion.com
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 pm

i'm all for another ROTK. DW needs to have a reboot.
Back to top Go down
JeffSteel
Emperor
JeffSteel

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:24 pm

They just need to sit down and rethink the game really, instead of immediatly getting to work on a sequel as soon as the current version is finished.
Back to top Go down
wonzan

wonzan

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Looks like Koei is taking a page from Capcom and going backwards with the gameplay. They are using the old school DW formula of 6 charge attacks that come off of square attacks. I don't mind it to be honest. I mean, I still love DW3. A bit of the same wouldn't hurt me. But DW3 has a lot of great moments in it. I really hope DW7 can emulate that. Here is a bit of new info on DW7:

"The first and probably most important change to the game is which period of ancient chinese history the game covers. In previous Dynasty Warriors titles, the battle at the Wu Zhang Plains in 234AD marked the end of the game, though time around it has been stretched out to 280AD with the Jin Kingdom's unification of China, finalising the ROTK (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) era. With an extra 45 years to boot, there is an entire roster of new playable characters making their debut, with Sima Shi, Sima Zhao, and Bao Sanniang being recently announced.

Unlike previous iterations, the story mode will apparently focus on each of the four kingdoms as opposed to individual warriors, which in the eyes of a seasoned DW veteran, is a good choice. In-game set pieces will integrated on-the-fly akin to recent action titles such as God of War III as opposed to the slightly disjointed cutscenes which have plagued the series. There will also be a great deal of continuity present; Xiahou Dun's character model will have two eyes as opposed to one during fights which take place before the battle of Xia Pi.

The gameplay itself has only changed a smidgen, and instead of striving to innovate on rustic gameplay features, it has actually taken a step backwards, using a similar combination mechanic to Dynasty Warriors 5, a design choice which will upset critics but will no doubt have fans foaming from their gums. The different gameplay modes available have yet to be finalised, though we do know that "Chronicle Mode" will be making its debut, a mode in which players can free-roam China and align themselves with different factions."
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:13 pm

WOOOT!!!!!

cheers

this sounds most promising!!! my thinking now is that Koei made DW6 the way it did to draw in young players. NOW we'll have another era of coooool gaming!!!

WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Back to top Go down
Jeffhardy141

Jeffhardy141

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 pm

I saw Dw6 in a good light and as much asi could say my points and get them contradicited story wise, character wise, and map wise Koei did great jobs in Dw6 in those areas.

Gameplay wise... I need to wait and see if i have to see Lu meng and Zhang Liao and Liu Bei and Sun Jian and Cao Cao be boring again well ill just be No
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:10 pm

i liked all those characters except for Lu Meng - or are you refering to their stories? cause yeah, they were quite boring.

Back to top Go down
Jeffhardy141

Jeffhardy141

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:48 am

Bruneauinfo wrote:
i liked all those characters except for Lu Meng - or are you refering to their stories? cause yeah, they were quite boring.

Overall movesets because in the end the way Koei excecutes the charge moveset seems plain and nothing quite entertaining. Some movesets are slightly creative but the way its excecuted makes it dubbed. Thats why i need to wait and see

Back to top Go down
Jeffhardy141

Jeffhardy141

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:53 am

"Looks like Koei is taking a page from Capcom and going backwards with the gameplay." Wonzan not that you always talk about Capcom but its time for people to stop saying things like this. Capcom is not an influence of DW at all. The charge ststem went back alway to Hokoto Musuo and that game was released in Japan well over a year I beleive. Also the Sengoku Basara game according to reviews was a fail. IT shows Sengoku Basara fans how well IGNorant or Gayspot (heheh i just made that up) is fair and now the Sengoku Fanbase might stop with their game trying to overule DW.

So if anything you could say that Koei is taking a step backwards. Because DW is more popular and sold than Sengoku series.

Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:06 pm

Jeffhardy141 wrote:
Bruneauinfo wrote:

Overall movesets because in the end the way Koei excecutes the charge moveset seems plain and nothing quite entertaining. Some movesets are slightly creative but the way its excecuted makes it dubbed. Thats why i need to wait and see

OHHHHHH you mean DW4 and 5, YES i agree totally on that. i thought you were referring to 6.

yeah, i hope 7 is a major improvement over all DW4 and 5 movesets.
Back to top Go down
Jeffhardy141

Jeffhardy141

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Bruneauinfo wrote:
Jeffhardy141 wrote:
Bruneauinfo wrote:

OHHHHHH you mean DW4 and 5, YES i agree totally on that. i thought you were referring to 6.

yeah, i hope 7 is a major improvement over all DW4 and 5 movesets.
yahDw6 may have a lot of clones but the indivdual movesdets were pretty entertainining. GanNing and Zhang He were pretty good but it dosent make up for it when the great warrrior Zhang Liao is boring... oh well like i said hopefully Dw7 is good
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Zhang Liao wasn't that bad. i actually liked his moveset for 6 better than his previous speak iterations.

one thing that does bother me about pre-DW6 games is during cut scenes AND whenever you defeat a warrior they ALWAYS keep their weapon in their hand. like it's glued there as part of their anatomy. this especially bothers me with foot soldiers. you can blow them away with Lu Bu's mightiest attack, they fly across a field and collide with a castle wall, and yet they manage even in death to keep their hand firmly grasping their sword, bow, spear, etc.

Back to top Go down
Jeffhardy141

Jeffhardy141

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Bruneauinfo wrote:
Zhang Liao wasn't that bad. i actually liked his moveset for 6 better than his previous speak iterations.

one thing that does bother me about pre-DW6 games is during cut scenes AND whenever you defeat a warrior they ALWAYS keep their weapon in their hand. like it's glued there as part of their anatomy. this especially bothers me with foot soldiers. you can blow them away with Lu Bu's mightiest attack, they fly across a field and collide with a castle wall, and yet they manage even in death to keep their hand firmly grasping their sword, bow, spear, etc.

I guess I worded it wrong because I'm ranting about Zhang Liao Dw5 and I prefer his Dw6 weapon and moveset.

I personally never looked into that detail but now that you mention it, it seems silly. But I guess it would look weirder the fact that when your crwod clearing weapons are flying all over the place
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your hopes for DW7?   Your hopes for DW7? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your hopes for DW7?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next