Dynasty Warriors Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynasty Warriors Union from Gamespot.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ancient Threads

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

Ancient Threads Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Threads   Ancient Threads EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 am

Perhaps it's time to create an ancient threads section for all of the DWE ancient threads we've got here. I mean, GS is about to drop-kick us all out of the DWU. We might as well get the traditions going here!
Back to top Go down
harden007
Prime Minister
harden007

Rooster

Ancient Threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Threads   Ancient Threads EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm not really sure how to accomplish this unless you mean taking the first post and copying to a new thread here.

The Hall of Heroes (or whatever I called it) should be first priority. Did GS mention when they are closing us down?
Back to top Go down
https://dwempire.forumotion.com
Brojasu

Brojasu

Goat

Ancient Threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Threads   Ancient Threads EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:31 pm

I've seen no indication of when it will happen, but I don't think that this is necessarily a bad idea. Mainly try and get the shrines, as converting entire threads with multiple poster would be a pain to copy.

There's probably a way to log entire threads easily through another host site, but I wouldn't know how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

Ancient Threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Threads   Ancient Threads EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:42 am

I'm going to say it's pretty much impossible to move the threads without access to GS's servers. The problem is that all of the resources to build the page are stored in different folders on their servers. It's pretty complex which is why GS is just outright deleting the unions rather than updating them to match their up and coming forum software.

The only real option I see would be using screen images. Of course that would be very time consuming and could quickly fill up your hosting capacity. Google for example gives you like 5 GB free. But we're talking full screen images one after another. That could fill up your web folder pretty quickly.

When I was talking about ancient threads I meant the ones already on DWE. That way the records of the DWE while the DWU still existed on GS would be preserved.

As for the DWU threads, yes, some of those could be transferred. Especially the ones where only one of us posted on them anyway. But I'll keep looking into it.

edit: BTW, awesome work on the Library harden. I guess it is possible to transfer stuff over.

Last edited by Bruneauinfo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bruneauinfo

Bruneauinfo

Rat

Ancient Threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Threads   Ancient Threads EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:42 am

Brojasu wrote:
I've seen no indication of when it will happen, but I don't think that this is necessarily a bad idea. Mainly try and get the shrines, as converting entire threads with multiple poster would be a pain to copy.

There's probably a way to log entire threads easily through another host site, but I wouldn't know how to do it.
And welcome back Brojasu!! (unknown37)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ancient Threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Threads   Ancient Threads Empty

Back to top Go down

Ancient Threads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dynasty Warriors Empire :: Dynasty Warriors Empire board :: General Discussions-
Jump to: